Trying to decide which video editor to try learning with
m***@.
2018-12-17 03:46:15 UTC

I'd like to try learning to do some basic video editing, to be able to mix in
shots from different vids and from different sections in the same vid and
shorten things etc. Also to be able to add sounds and music. And as you can tell
I'm not only very new to it but haven't even tried doing any yet. At this point
I'm trying to find the best free or cheap editor to use, so would like one
that's fairly easy to learn and also that's popular enough I can ask for help in
forums. Maybe even some of them have their own forums? I found that to be true
and a great forum it is for Reaper DAW for example. Right now from a review I
read and then some Youtube tutorials I'm thinking hard about trying Openshot.
Would that be as good to start out with as any?

Thank you for any help or suggestions!

David
Carl Fink
2018-12-17 14:04:28 UTC
Post by m***@.
Hi,
I'd like to try learning to do some basic video editing, to be able to mix in
shots from different vids and from different sections in the same vid and
shorten things etc. Also to be able to add sounds and music. And as you can tell
I'm not only very new to it but haven't even tried doing any yet. At this point
I'm trying to find the best free or cheap editor to use, so would like one
that's fairly easy to learn and also that's popular enough I can ask for help in
forums. Maybe even some of them have their own forums? I found that to be true
and a great forum it is for Reaper DAW for example. Right now from a review I
read and then some Youtube tutorials I'm thinking hard about trying Openshot.
Would that be as good to start out with as any?
Avidemux is free, works well on lower-end equipment, and is fairly easy to
use as nonlinear editors go. Experience with it would transfer to more
capable software if you decide you need, say, fancy transitions, chromakey,
etc.
--
Carl Fink ***@nitpicking.com

Read John Grant's book, Corrupted Science: http://a.co/9UsUoGu