User Friendly Chroma Key Screen / Green Screen
n***@gmail.com
2013-10-11 07:06:12 UTC
Hi there,
I am a teacher in a high school and was wondering if anyone could help me out.
I am wondering what could I do to make my Chroma Key Screen more classroom friendly.

At the moment, every time I want to use it I have to set up the frame and hang the screen over it.

I am looking for a solution that is a little more friendly to set up.

I cant leave it set up all the time because my classroom is not a dedicated multimedia room.

I have looked at getting my cloth turned into a blind and being able to pull it from the ceiling, but it is not possible to mount it to the room as their is not enough reinforcement. I would have to get a builder out and it is looking like it would cost too much.

The front of my room is about 8m wide by 4m high.

I have though about pull up banners (like http://www.affordablebanners.com.au/pull-up-banner.htm) but I dont like the idea that the feet would not be filmed with the greenscreen in place.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
m***@gmail.com
2013-10-11 16:02:13 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
[...]
Unfortunately there is no simple method of doing what you want.
Look into using paper rolls (like still photographers use) and get a set of wall mounting brackets to hold it.
http://www.karlu.com/Studio_Background_Backdrop_Support_Explained.html is a site with a lot of useful info on this.

Mike
n***@gmail.com